Microsoft has released Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Project and Project Server. There are a number of components of the upgrade and we’ve put all the links on our Microsoft Project System Updates page. There are a wide range of improvements from Service Pack 1. If you’ve been updating each month with the monthly updates we post here, you’ll have a lot of them already but some of the improvements include:
Project Standard and Project Professional
- The scheduling engine, Active Cache, and Gantt charts all have improvements.
- There is additional reliability with earlier versions of the .mpp format.
- Better memory management in the queue service.
- Performance to certain database table indexes is improved.
- Resource plans, build team, cost resources, and the server scheduling engine have improved.